Thursday, August 4, 2011

"Wait 'til Tuesday..."

That's what my dad has to do. Mom took him to Bismarck to a dentist early this morning, as Dad couldn't sleep and decided to have his tooth pulled, but after the dentist had examined my dad's mouth, he said the swelling was too bad that he wouldn't do it yet. He gave Dad some strong pain medication/antibiotics and they set up an appointment for Tuesday. I guess we'll be making even more yogurt now, as it's a very good thing to take when you're on antibiotics---so as to replace the good bacteria that the drugs have destroyed...... Thank you so much to all of you who are praying for him!!! My dad is not the type to lay around all day, so I know he must be in a lot of pain. :(


While they were gone, Andrew and I did chores and then Andrew drove up to the check on the cows while I watered some of our flowers and weeded the strawberry bed. (I found one large strawberry and enjoyed its sweetness thoroughly! ) I washed a load of laundry and Jacob helped me hang it out on the wash-line, as it was very nice and sunny outside. For lunch, I baked some potatoes, and the boys helped me make some sloppy-joe meat and a new recipe for chip-dip that I copied down from one of my coworkers when she brought it to share with the rest of us. Then, Andrew made a yogurt blueberry smoothie to drink (largely for our dad's benefit, although the rest of us like it a lot too!) I ironed my clothes for work somewhere in there too. When our parents returned home, we were going to eat lunch right away but the potatoes were not quite soft yet, so Mom and I played 2 piano duets while we waited.

After our noon meal, I headed for work in town; the boys went over to Hazelton to hay a small pasture there; Mom did the dishes, amongst other things; and Dad laid down for a while to try and rest.

I'm not sure what else happened around here today as everybody was in bed by the time I arrived home, but if it was anything monumental, I'll be sure to tell you about it tomorrow. :)

For now, good night.~

1 comment:

Carra said...

Dear Cora,
I'm glad to hear about your dad going to the dentist. Sometimes it's the only thing we can do to get rid of the pain.
I'm sorry he is suffering so, and I am praying for him still.

piano duets... I love duets. April and I love to play them.
May you be blessed.
Love Carra