Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day is done...

..... gone the sun
From the lakes, from the hills, from the sky.
All is well, safely rest,
God is near.


Fading light dims the sight
And a star gems the sky, gleaming bright
From afar, drawing near
Falls the night.



Thanks and praise for our days
Neath the sun, neath the stars, neath the sky,
As we go, this we know:
God is near.




It was a good day. We accomplished some paperwork that needed doing; Dad and Andrew went to Bismarck as they had a long list of things to do; I worked in town; Mother had 2 new clients come to the farm; I talked to Grandma and got her cake order for Sunday; and it was lovely outside. It is now feeling very much like rain again though....

I realized tonight that I hadn't drawn names yet for the winners of my "1,000th post" giveaway. I will put the names in a hat tomorrow and have one of my brothers draw for me. :)

Remember, God is near. What a wonderful thought!

2 comments:

Carra said...

Dear Cora,
Greetings :) How are you this morning?

Sound like you had another active and busy day yesterday. So is it your Grandma's birthday Sunday?

Anyway! :) I pray you have a blessed day today. :) May the Lord Jesus bless you and all of your special family.
With love, Carra

Cora Beth said...

Dear Carra,
I am almost well. I still have a bit of a cough, but can sing again finally. :)
It is actually my grandparents' anniversary tomorrow, but we'll be celebrating it with them on Sunday (you probably know this already if you've read my latest post!)
Blessings to you~
Cora