Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Lemonade anyone???



Mother and I have decided to go on the Master Cleanse for a couple weeks again. (You can visit my mom's blog: "A Ray of Hope" on my sidebar, to learn more.) Basically, all you do is drink nothing but water and "Lemonade" for quite a few days, allowing your body to do deep cleansing. You eat nothing during this time, so it takes real discipline to do the cooking for the guys while knowing you won't be eating any of what you make. I remember the other time I did this cleanse (2 years ago), I was amazed at how many times I would have usually snitched/tasted something I was in the process of cooking or baking!

What is in this "Lemonade", you ask?

The recipe is as follows:
Put 5 cups of (preferably) distilled water in your blender, then add:
1/2 of a large lemon or a whole lemon if it's small (peeled, but with most of the white on it yet)
3/4 cup grade B organic maple syrup
1/2 tsp. very hot cayenne pepper powder

Blend this well, then add more water until the mixture amounts to 8 cups. Store in the refrigerator. Enjoy?

The last time I did this cleanse, I was not working at the nursing home, so am not sure if I'll also drink some protein powder on days I work there or not, as it takes a lot of energy to do all that walking/lifting/pushing/bending/twisting! If you think of us, prayers for a good dose of self control would be appreciated! :)


I was going to tell you last night about the surprise I found in my aquarium, but then I didn't think of it when I was sitting here.... While feeding my fish, I noticed a tiny little fish swimming around the bottom of the tank. It is maybe half an inch long already, so I'm not sure where it's been all this time that we've not noticed it? It's REALLY cute!

Well, I finished work in town for the week today, so I'm hoping to get to pickle making tomorrow. Want to come help? :)

3 comments:

Carra said...

Dear Cora,
I'll be praying for you. :)

Oh, that's wonderful about the fish, by the way. I've always loved aquariums...

Oh, by the way. Sure! I'll swing over to help with the pickles right after Doc leaves this morning. :) He's coming by, and then I should have some time! ;) Shouldn't be too long of travel time, do you think? haha...

Be blessed, Cora.
Love your friend, Carra

Heather said...

Hi Cora!
I've read about those juice fasts. It sounds like a really healthy thing to do.
The fish sounds so cute! Do you think it's a baby?
I'd love to come help you make pickles!:) My mom used to make refrigerator pickles - they were so good!

Rachel Beth said...

Dear Cora
A baby fish, how cute!! :)

All the best with the cleanse - I haven't tried this one but I have done other cleanses before and they certainly are worth it - I'm sure you and your mom will feel much better afterwards.

How I wish I COULD just come over and help you with the pickles! :)

God bless and lots of love!