Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Andy and Barney Return...

I did not realize that Andrew had put this on You-Tube until just a few days ago, so here is a link to the skit my brothers did (last minute style) at Prairie Days:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sBfegJRXFnI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>iframe>

This day started out as interesting and ended on a sad note.  The interesting part was when I went to get the 4-wheeler so as to go get Sally in from pasture so I could milk her and then 5 horses suddenly came around the corner where I was walking towards, running full speed.  They ran down to the goat pen, paused, then turned around and ran back out of the driveway.  I asked Mom to call our neighbors to let them know where their horses were, but we learned later that my dad and Andrew had already called them, as they both headed for Bismarck before chores this morning and saw the horses and called their owners.

Then, after I'd finished chores, but before I left to babysit, our insurance man (that we've known forever, it seems) stopped by so I could sign the needed paperwork to get my own liability insurance policy.  Now that I'm 25, I have to have my own policy....  SO, signed on the dotted lines, wrote out a check, changed clothes quick and headed for work.

The girls and I had a usual day, splashing in their little pool in the afternoon and staying inside out of the heat for almost all of the rest of the time, except for when we went on a short walk.   We did puzzles, colored, rocked in the chair while watching "Word world" and the like, ate, drank, and were merry, most of the time.  ;)

When I got home, I learned that my mom had talked to my uncle again and had got a more detailed report on my aunt Lv's condition, after her open heart surgery.   He had just said before that things were not good/terrible, but he told my mom today that LV never woke up after the surgery and is in a coma.   She's on life-support and her wishes before the surgery were that she would not be kept on life-support if something should happen...   Please pray for my uncle Russell and also for LV, and that the Lord's will would be accomplished in this.   Uncle Russell loves LV so much that it's going to be very hard for him to go on if she passes away now.  He used to be quite "Wild", but she's brought a lot of good things into his life and mellowed him out, shall we say?    "Father in Heaven, please be with them...."

3 comments:

Carra said...

Praying for your Aunt, Cora... I know how hard these moments can be.
The loss of my Aunt Patsie was similar... and everyone still misses her a lot. She was my Dad's closest sister, and the only aunt on his side that I ever really knew much...
Praying much.

Love in Christ,
Carra

Carra said...

PS. I just watched the skit, and it was a very nice replay of one of April and I's favorite scenes. :) Your brothers do an excellent job. Congrats!

*~Virginia~* said...

I'm praying for your aunt Cora! I havent visited your blog recently and missed reading all the news. But now that I know, I'll have her in my prayer list.

Virginia K.