Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Waiting for our company...

This morning, my mom's cousin (from WI) wrote and asked if some friends of theirs could spend the night at our place, as their previous plans for lodging had been canceled.  We said "Yes", of course, but the trip must have taken them longer than they originally thought, as they're not here yet.  They should be pulling in any moment though, as about an hour and a half ago, they were in Valley City...

This day was hot, muggy, and productive.  The guys worked more on the rifle range (my dad brought straw bales home to start building the back-stop for the bullets.)  They also took some thing apart on the old pull-type combine we got from my grandpa, as they need a part from that for the loader-mounted post hold digger they're building.   Mom and I worked inside a lot and tidied up; baked bread; chopped up a lot of green beans from the garden for our supper; finished the laundry; and did other odds and ends. 

Tomorrow, I get to babysit "My" little girls, who I haven't seen in a week!   I'm sure they've grown by leaps and bounds!

No comments: