Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Update on my aunt...

Mom talked to her brother again today.  There is a bit of good news, that being that the Drs. were able to pull 2 of the 8 IVs and without her heart going haywire.  She is still in a coma though.  Please, keep praying.  Thanks so much!

I spent a good portion of the day over caring for Johanna and Tracy Jo again.  We went for a nice long walk this morning BEFORE it got so hot out.  We read books, built towers with blocks, and just lived.

When I got home, I whipped some cream to go on top of the pancakes Andrew was mixing up.  Then, I did the goat and turkey chores while Andrew did the cow and calf chores.  I took a stroll through the garden to see how things are progressing.  Our cucumbers are blooming like crazy, but don't have any fruits on yet.  The zucchinis will soon be ready to eat though!   The peas are producing well and, of course, the lettuce is still producing.  The beans are blooming, as are the potatoes.  The corn is getting very tall.  My lime-green zinnias are just opening now.  I was so excited to see that the lilies my grandma gave me are about ready to burst into bloom, as we're going to their place on Sunday to celebrate Grandpa's birthday and I'll be able to take her a lovely bouquet.  :)

My dad is still over by Hazelton, working on putting up the ditch hay.  The boys are working on or playing on their computers.  Mom is doing a long-distance session for a client.  I was just playing piano for an hour, then decided to do something else, like writing here...

No comments: