Monday, July 9, 2012

We said our goodbyes...

It felt like Summer today, which is a good thing, since it is.  :)

I watched/cared for/enjoyed "My" little girls again today.  Probably the funniest part of my time there was when Johanna was naming her blocks, alternating between "Mommy" (toss the block into a pile, pick up the next); "Daddy" (toss block); "Mommy".....    She's in the process of learning to say my name, so yesterday I was "Tora" and today I was "Dora".  What will I be tomorrow?  :)   Little Tracy Jo is growing and changing so much!   She's now at the stage of pulling herself across the floor with her arms, scooting on her tummy.  She's so fun to watch, and she can play with a pile of toys for longer and longer times now, kicking her little feet all the while.   The 3 of us almost all fell asleep this afternoon though (after getting in from a short trip outside) while I sat rocking with both of them on my lap.   I also always enjoy visiting with the little girls' parents (AKA: Daddy and Mommy).   In case you couldn't tell, I'm enjoying my job! 

This evening, Mom, the boys and I went to another John Birch Society meeting (the 2nd part of 3) about the United States' Constitution and what it really means to be responsible citizens.  This is the 3rd time we've heard the 3-part series, but each time we learn more and it's become more interesting as other people are getting involved as well and we get more discussion going and stories being told....   There was a really good turnout tonight, compared to the last one, that is.  Sadly, it might be the last time we'll get to see Mr. Stevens---and his son was along too (he's a friend and the teacher of the class), as he and his family will be moving to Montana next week to be closer to their extended family members.  The good thing is that he will still be carrying on the message of hope to the people surrounding him there, but we will miss their family.  (We've had them here a few times and stayed with them during the home-school conference this last year, so have got to know them pretty well.)  The good news is that we will not be left hanging, as the JBS is constantly growing as more and more people wake up to the realization that our rights are being taken away left and right, while we do nothing.   The JBS will be hiring someone else to come to our state to pick up the torch and continue to light the way for others.   

I highly recommend concerned citizens to find or start a local JBS chapter of your own and learn the things that used to be common knowledge to every American, when this still was without a shadow of a doubt, the land of the free and the home of the brave!    You can buy the story of John Birch's life HERE.  He was actually a Christian missionary to the Chinese to start out with, and ended up (after fighting heroically and getting lots of medals, ) getting murdered (in China) because he was speaking out about the dangers he saw coming from communistic thinking----but I don't want to ruin the story for you...

1 comment:

Dawn Bornemann said...

Dear Cora,
I am sooo glad that you were able to get off to join us there last night. It meant a lot to me to have all of my children present as we say farewell to the Stevens family! Let's pray that our new state coordinator is JUST as wonderful as Chris is. AMEN?
Have a great day with your little cuties today.
Love you much,
Mom