Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Scraps of metal...

The guys worked on loading up more scrap-metal and actually filled up the semi-flatbed trailer (an old combine, a couple old swathers, and other things, although they had to take the tires off, or else they'd get charged $50 per tire at the place they sell the scrap iron!). 

Mom was in Bismarck all day, doing sessions for clients mostly, and getting a few farm and home supplies.

I cleaned and reorganized some more of the house; washed, dried and folded several loads of laundry; and washed some of the house windows. 

After supper, Andrew stoked up the smoldering fire (from yesterday) and some of us roasted some giant marshmallows for dessert.   I tried roasting 2, but I think I only ate the sum of 1, due to the amount of marshmallow that slipped off into the fire while I was trying to re-roast the middle after eating off the outer part.  :)

1 comment:

Christina Cruz said...

Sounds like you are doing some spring cleaning. I hope you got a good price on the scrap metal.

Roasting marshmallows on the fire brings me back to my Girl Scout days. Living in Tucson we don't get to do that often. I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for the post.