Monday, July 9, 2012

We're all back home again...

Yesterday morning, I said goodbye to our cousin and then did all the chores while my dad and Jacob took him up to Steele to meet up with his grandparents who he rode with.  Then, they said goodbye.

I'm not even sure what Dad and Jacob did yesterday, but I'm sure they were busy.

I babysat Johanna and Tracy Jo most of the day and then got off work about 6:30.  I'd told my new friends, Lauretta and Sarena that I'd be over there after work to visit and to take them the next season in a video series we're both watching.    Sarena wasn't there at first, so Lauretta and I talked and looked at the garden.  When Sarena got back, we visited some more, and then they asked if I'd like to ride horse, as it was a lovely evening and we'd talked about doing that other times.  It's been about 12 years since the last time I rode, and even then, I'd been riding very old horses who didn't go faster than a walk.  We mostly just walked, although we did trot and gallop for a while, until I stopped my horse as I felt like I was going to fly off.  :)  It was fun.  We got back to their place just as it was getting dark.  Then we talked a lot more, I guess, as it got pretty late. 

Andrew got home around 11:30; I arrived a little after that; and Mom came home too---around 1:00AM I think, although I didn't hear her pull in.  SO, we are all back under the same roof once more.  PTL!

3 comments:

Dawn Bornemann said...

Dear Cora,
I agree--how wonderful it is when we are all together!
Thanks for keeping the guys well fed and loved while I was in Canada!
May God bless you forever for your loyalty to Him and to the family which He has given to you!!!
Love you bunches,
Mom

Rachel said...

Sounds like a lot of fun riding! Especcially on the prairie, where you don't have to keep swerving to miss the trees like in New England;) :)

Carra said...

Beautiful. :) Yes praise the Lord family is all together again. :)