Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pictures!

I loaded several pictures here, so I'll just write a little about each one....

A couple of white lilies that grew in our garden this year:
 This picture is for you, Rachel P. as you said you'd never seen chokecherries before:

I love this time of year, when you can have vases of flowers throughout the house after a short trip to the garden.  :)
 Roasting giant marshmallows on the remains of a good day of burning junk wood a few weeks back:


I took this picture of my Mom's half of their dresser...  That's one of her Senior pictures in the background and the silver container belonged to her grandmother (it plays "The girl that I marry" when you open it).  The flowers are: Bachelor Buttons, Lime Green Zinnias, white something-or-other, and the big flower is from one of my Dahlia plants.

 My parents' wedding photo on top of their cherry-wood dresser.


This picture is a couple weeks old too and is what our laundry room looked like after cleanup.  (I didn't take a before picture, as it was too messy. ;) )
 One of the 4 or 5 loads of scrap metal the guys have loaded up and hauled to Bismarck to sell....

The next 3 pictures were taken at the apartments my B. grandparents live, when we helped Grandpa celebrate his 84th birthday.  Here, my mom is taking a picture of Aunt Bev and 2 of her grandchildren.  Also, my Grandma (Marly) is on the right of this picture...
 Andrew, taking a Panoramic picture with his Tablet.
 Grandpa Earl and his sisters.  Great Aunt Esther (sitting) and Grandpa share the same birthday, except many years separate them.  We were remarking there that all of Grandpa's siblings were still alive, but just last week, one of his brothers passed away.  My parents are going to attend that funeral in Hannover tomorrow....

Some of you may recall that I had put together a bouquet for my grandma, using a few of the lilies she gave me as bulbs this Spring.  Here is what it looked like:

The garden has been producing pretty well nowadays.  Fresh peas anyone?

Today, Andrew came home from Bismarck with a new pistol.  After chores and supper were finished, all of us that were home (Mom had a long day in Bismarck, so wasn't home until dark) went out with Andrew's new Bersa and our other pistol and did some target practice at our work-in-progress rifle range.  Here, Jacob is timing Dad and Andrew to see if they'd pass the test if they did take the Concealed Weapons class that's coming up... (They would!)
My dad...
 The boys, putting up new "Targets"---aka: pieces of paper with a square drawn in the middle.
 Andrew, showing me how to use his new gun...
 I don't especially like using pistols as they're so loud, but I did shoot 12 times---6 right handed and 6 left and managed to get 10 of the shots on the paper....  ;)  The guys did really well....
 Dad and Jacob shooting...
 ....again...

I headed for the house first as I was COLD!   Can you believe it?  There was a cold-front that came through about that time....  I took this picture of our finished deck!   Well, we're not quite finished yet, as we need to take apart the 2nd landing and build some steps, but the main part looks pretty nice now and you can walk on it without wondering if you'll fall through!

That's all folks.  Until next time...

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I appreciate that you blog every day. I loved all the pictures in today's post. The deck looks really nice. Love, Kimberly

Paula M said...

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. I enjoy the glimpse into your everyday life (when your not here of course).
AND feel free to share the chokecherry jelly/syrup too. The pan pan squash was good. I cooked it just the way you suggestsed, with onions and butter. Feel free to keep sharing.