Sunday, April 25, 2010

April showers bring May flowers...

...plus they water the April flowers at the same time! :)

(It's raining currently--the first good shower of this season.)


Some of our tulips opened up yesterday! This is my favorite one, so far...

This picture shows the new apple buds bursting open on one of the grafted trees...

And this little bumbler found himself a nice, yellow dandelion to rest on for awhile...


And now for a few details about, and pictures from yesterday!

Members of the Dagley family (and Hannah S.) joined us for the noon meal yesterday and the rest of the S. family arrived about an hour later, just in time for Sarah S. to hop in the van with the Dagleys, Andrew and I to head for SD. It was a very fun journey, spent in visiting and singing lots of hymns. We arrived (after a 2 hour journey) at the church where the graduation was being held, just in time for the program to start.

Here's the happy graduate, RubyAnn giving her speech...
RubyAnn's family sang a couple songs together (pictured below) and her extended family and some friends shared encouraging words and memories they had...
After the nice ceremony, there was time for visiting with friends (plus there was delicious chili to enjoy downstairs--served by the graduate...)
Here, Andrew's visiting with a couple of the Dagley young men (Michael and David)...
MY DEAR FRIEND DORENA WAS THERE!!! Today actually marks the 12 year mark for us--12 years ago we met at RubyAnn's older sisters' graduation and sweet Dorena (left) asked me (right) if I wanted to be her pen-pal. Little did we know then how close of friends we'd become over the years--through lengthy letters and in-person visits. :) We figured out that it had been 2 years since we'd seen each other now, so it was quite a joyous reunion!
More dear friends... There were several other friends there too, but I didn't get a picture with them because, well, I just wasn't thinking about it at that time!
Left to right are: Sarah S., Hannah S., RubyAnn, and myself...
Yesterday held a surprise for us--that being that we learned Hannah S. is now engaged to Ben Dagley. :) We did suspect this might be in the works, but didn't realize that it was a reality already! "Congratulations, Ben and Hannah!"
It was a very enjoyable day, one that I'm sure Andrew and I'll remember for a long time!

5 comments:

Mrs. E said...

How wonderful...
beautiful spring flowers, indeed!
Congratulations to your dear friend.

With Much
Love~ Miss Jen

Cora said...

Wow! Didn't you have a wonderful day? :-D

Those flowers are somethin' else, aren't they? Doesn't it amaze you that God spoke them into existence? It amazes me, anyway. Tree blossoms (apple, cherry, plum, etc) are my favorite flowers. And bumble bees are my favorite bug.

Pen pals are so cool! I'm glad you've gotten such a dear friend through letters!

Hehe! I was just thinking about my graduation... The college mailed me the certificate, and I found it in the stack of mail at about 10pm when everyone was in bed. I woke Mom up and showed it to her. Then we both went to bed, and nothing was ever said about it again. :-P Ahwell...

Have a great day!
Cora

Miss Grace Elizabeth said...

Very pretty tulips! cute little bumble bee. :)
It is always fun to be with friends and loved ones.
I am glad you had a nice time.
Congratulations to your friend Hannah S.! How exciting!
I Enjoyed the pictures.
Have a wonderful day Cora,
~Grace

Hannah said...

I need to get into bed now, but I did want to let you know I enjoyed this post and all the pictures!!
Good Night dear friend~
Hannah

Lulu said...

Wow! Looks like fun-I saw Hannah at the home school convention this year...was fun! Aww-I bet they are so excited! Congrats, Ben and Hannah!