Wednesday, April 7, 2010

One day down, many to go...

Well, the first day of class went well and was full of a LOTS of things to learn... I came home with a bit of a headache, but after doing a BodyTalk technique (what my Mom's trained in and does for others weekly,) that went away quickly. After a good nights' rest, I think I'll be ready for another day. There originally was going to be a couple other ladies taking the class with me, but it ended up not working out for them, so for the majority of the time (outside of when one other lady joins us on two days), I'm having one-on-one teaching--like I'm used to. :) The staff was very friendly and helpful and made me feel as much at home as possible.

Mother's feeling somewhat better tonight, as she was able to get into a dentist to get her tooth pulled this morning. That tooth's actually been bothering her off and on for a couple years, so it was time to get it out I guess. She hardly got any sleep last night, but is in bed now and I hope and pray she'll be able to rest very well tonight!

I'm sure there's much more I could write and I'd love to comment on others' blogs and everything, but I'm pretty tired and would like to get a good nights rest in before my alarm blares at 6:00, so I'd best go.

Good night everyone~

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Dear Cora,
I am so glad so hear your day went well for you!
I think I would be very nervous my first day working or taking a class. I'm not much of a social person although my friends that know me well say that's not true :)
Well, I still want to work on a post yet tonight so I need to go! Rest well my friend!
~Hannah Marie

Oh and by the way, a porcupine tree is what we call any tree that a porcupine has made it's nest in :)

Rachel said...

Dear Cora

I'm so glad that your first day of class went well! I'm sure I'd enjoy the one-on-one teaching as I'm also used to that :)

I'm glad your mom is feeling better - toothache is terrible!

I am interested to hear that your headache went away after you did a BodyTalk technique. Does that mean you didn't have to take any pills, but just by doing the technique the headache was relieved?

Your new day will not have started yet as it's now 9:40am on this side of the world, which means that you are hopefully still resting, but I hope you have an even better day than yesterday at class!

God bless
Lots of love,
Rachel*

Robert said...

It's good that your class went well.Hopefully your mom will feel better soon.

I replied to your question on my blog-sorry I took so long.

Anonymous said...

Dear Cora,
I just waved goodbye to you as you left for your second day of training. WOW--that is an awesome book that they gave you! I'm so glad that you are getting this opportunity to learn how to care for the elderly--and getting paid to do it too!!!
I know that wherever you are, the world is a little bit more sunny. That means that our home is a little bit LESS sunny without you, BUT I am so very thankful for all of the precious years that we've had together unhampered by "The world."
I love you soooooooooo much and I'm writing to thank you for letting me sleep in during chores this morning. I'm going to return the favor with a full BodyTalk session that will hopefully help you to take in all of the new information with ease.
Here's a hug,
Mom