Sunday, April 4, 2010

Pictures from the past few days...

This day didn't quite go as we had thought it would a few days ago... Originally, we had planned to help my grandparents move both yesterday and today, but it worked out so that all the moving happened yesterday. SO, we had all of today to work on odd projects around the farm.

One of the most interesting parts of the day was when my dad (Robert) and Andrew dug out the old car from a weed pile and got it running again... I'll need a vehicle to drive to work in, and as the other vehicles are used on a daily basis, the old car seemed like the perfect one for me to use. The guys still have to do a few minor repairs on it (change some tires and such) and we need to get it licensed, but other than that, it should go, hopefully. I spent a couple hours this afternoon cleaning the inside, as we haven't used this car for probably 5 years! Thankfully, I didn't find any mice and it didn't even smell too bad in there. :)

Meet my summer transportation:

And now for the pictures I promised of yesterday's doings....

We first had to find the right place, as we'd never been there before,
and then mother waited on the bench in the entryway, while...
...the rest of us tried to figure out how to get ahold of Grandpa and Grandma, as nobody was out by the moving van. The building's set up so that you need to talk to the party you're there to visit and get their OK for you to come in before the door will open. However, G & G's room wasn't connected to the intercom yet, so we ended up going back to the van and waiting for a while until some of our relatives came out and let us in. :)
There were boxes of all shapes and sizes to be moved in. Here's one of my cousins using his muscles...
...here's another cousin, putting things away in Grandma's pantry...
...and here's yet another cousin, resting!
Dad and my great uncle, trying to figure out a good place to put empty containers...
Mother--filling the fridge and freezer...
Jacob was our door-man downstairs, letting everyone in. Then, later he was our box opener...
I was the official shelf-liner, a sticky job that took up most of my time there...
Here's Grandma (on the floor) and her sister, trying to decide what to do with everything...
Jacob and Grandpa visiting, while Dad and my aunt unpack boxes on the table and I help Grandma and great aunt in the kitchen...
Andrew was busy carrying things most of the day. I don't know how many times he and Dad had to move this hutch until it was "Just perfect"...?
At long last, supper time arrived...
....and then it was time to say goodbye and go home to milk!
There are a LOT more pictures I could share, but I need to get to bed! If you'd like to see more pictures, my mom also posted a bunch today, so you can visit her blog to see them. ("A Ray of Hope" on my sidebar.)
See what's growing in our flower bed? I think there are 31 tulips popping up so far. I can hardly wait for them to burst into bloom! :)
Oh, and this picture doesn't really fit in with anything above, but I thought you might like to see one of Lady's cozy places she's found to take a nap... :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you all had a wonderful day with family and friends as you celebrated the memorial of what the Lord did on the cross to wash away our sins so many years ago.
"Thank you ever so much, dear Lord, for your wonderful gift of salvation!!!!!!" I pray that you have all accepted that free gift, as I have! ~

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I enjoyed looking at all these pictures Cora :)
I am uploading some of my own at the moment. . .
Does your summer transportation have a name? Neither of our vehicles do, but in the past we had a couple of vans that did. There was The Blue Ox Babe, then we had a brown van had a name too. I don't remember what it was. . . I do know that when the brown van got old and rusty we called it The Clunker :)

I like tulips so much. We had some at our other house that would bloom, but our goats ate down the ones we planted here. Every time they get a bud the goats nip it off :( We should build a little stick fence around the little garden they are in. Maybe I'll do that soon.

I hope we get a foot warmer soon like you have in the last picture :D
Thanks for letting me knoe how to play "stagecoach" maybe we'll play it soon. . . it sound fun!
~Hannah