Friday, June 4, 2010

Do you see what I saw?

I got home from working at the nursing home this afternoon and walked in my room, tired and achey legged, only to find a little surprise waiting for me there, on top of my computer...

Isn't it pretty?

I learned later that Andrew found it (dead) inside the pickup this morning and thought I might like to see it. :) I remember watching the movie, "Girl of the Limberlost" over and over when I was younger, watching how Elnora preserved the specimens of moths and butterflies she found in the woods, using boards and special pins... I don't really have anything set up for drying butterflies/moths, so this little fella is just setting between some cloth, under a couple of heavy books for now. We'll see if he lays flat enough in a few days to use in making a card or something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The last couple days in town have been rather unique... There are some new young ladies in training now, so we 4 main CNAs each have had our own helper. Yesterday was my helpers' first time "On the floor", so there were many things I was able to show her and tell her about, even though I still feel like I too am learning so much every day there.... I got to work with * my newest friend* a little bit this afternoon again, so that was neat.

Actually, that (*) may not be a true statement, as, when I got home, I found I had an even newer friend... I received a letter from the sister of some dear friends of mine, and what a delight it was! I have been blessed over and over since beginning my blog to find that there are so many true friends out there, shining for God in the place He has for them to shine... :)

And now, to you, my dear faithful friends,
I am going to wish you a good night. I know I have so much correspondence to catch up on (especially answers to questions via comments, which I do intend to answer one of these days...), but alas, it is late once again and we have a very full day planned for tomorrow, so I truly must get some rest.
Thank you to all of you who've taken the time to leave such encouraging, cheerful comments!
~Good night~

PS. This picture came in a forward today and I just wanted to share it with you all. I love God's imagination--putting a star and a moon in the sea--don't you?

No comments: