Wednesday, June 16, 2010

So tired...

I just got home from working in town again and am so tired tonight... SOOOO, this will be short!

We moved the cows up to the big pasture this morning. It was about a 4 mile walk for the cows, calves and bulls, but they were more than eager to go! My job was to be in front of them and slow them down a bit--to try to keep the group together. Most of the cows were obedient, but one gave me a lot of trouble and would constantly try to run by the RAM I was driving. She definitely knew the way to the pasture and was bound to be the first one there! Even when we came to the part in the road/path where I had to park the vehicle and walk in front (because of the mud, water and pot-holes that are everywhere, she was just a couple feet behind me--literally.

Then, after lunch, when the boys went out to put the fence back up where we'd let them out of the home pasture, they found 4 calves that had come all the way balk from up there, looking for their mothers!!! After a long chase (Dad helped too, even though he really needed to get going with the load of sunflowers that was on the semi), they got the calved in a pen and the boys loaded them up and took them to their mothers. Hopefully that's where they'll stay now!

Those were the highlights of this day. Right now we are in the middle of a very big wind/rain storm. The lightning is very bright and the air smells so sweet.

I'm off to dream land. ~

PS. OH, the last picture in last nights' post was of the Moss-Back Snail Andrew picked up for me. :)

1 comment:

Rachel Beth said...

Cora, you'll have to believe me when I say that I guessed your snail pic before I read your latest post! You see, I saw the picture of the bag of fish come up on my dashboard's list of blogs that I follow, so of course I clicked on that first!! :P :D

I hope you have a good nights rest after your tiring day.
Lots of love,
Rachel