Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Learning the rest of the ropes...

This morning, I went to Helen's house (Daycare) so we could go over some menus and so she could show me where absolutely everything I might ever need was at. :) The reason? She and her husband will be leaving on vacation soon and I will be in charge of her daycare for a few days... If she did forget to show me where something is (and I forgot to ask), then I'm pretty sure the children can help me find it, as they know the ins and outs of the place (and all the rules) better than I do. :)

I got a phone call while at Helen's from one of my coworkers at the nursing home who was wondering if I could come in a couple hours early and take over for her, as she had an appointment to keep, so I agreed to do that as I was going to be going there to work the rest of the day anyway. It ended up being a rather long day.

When I got home just a bit ago, I rolled up the garden-hose that was in the milk cows' tank yet and took it in the house, locking the door behind me. All was still in the house. I figured everyone was in bed already. I had just taken my shoes and coat off when I heard the dogs bark and then, a little later, the entryway door opened up. I turned the light on out there and peeked out the door into the entry---and there---was my dad, coming up the stairs! I let him in. :)

Apparently, they had posted an ad on Bis-Man to try and sell our old car (one that we've had for almost as long as I can remember). Within 3 hours time, they had a call from a man in Bismarck who wanted to buy it. His car broke down this morning (for the last time, I think) and he said he'd willingly pay the full price my dad was asking (in cash) if he'd deliver it to Bismarck. SOOOOO, at 8:00 this evening, he and Andrew took off with the old car and Andrews' car. After making the delivery, while filling gas in Bismarck, they ran into (not literally) some friends from Edgeley, so that was neat.

And that, my dear friends, was our day. ~

No comments: