Thursday, February 23, 2012

A picture post!

I took the time to upload my pictures tonight and thought I'd share a few of them with you all...

Here is the boxful of cake divider-plates that my neighbor brought over and that I bought from her:

Brother Andrew, cleaning off the trailer he used to haul a few round hay bales home.

This is the big kettle (it holds 4 gallons) I ordered when I decided to experiment with making hard cheeses:


My not-so-fancy but very practical, use-what-you-have cheese-press: :)


....and the resulting 2 chunks of cheese: NOTE: I did not wish to add any artificial coloring to the cheese, so that is why my Colby cheese is cream colored! The cheese dries on these mats for several days, then it gets dipped in hot cheese-wax and put away in cold storage. It still needs to be flipped over every day for a while...


This last picture is of the cake I made per request of one of my coworkers. Her granddaughter, Kaitlyn, died last year on this day in a car accident (slippery roads). My coworker was having a special memory-birthday party for her this evening, so I took this cake to her at work this afternoon:




That's all for now.


I just want to say a huge "PRAISE THE LORD" for the wonderful price we got on the calves we sold today! This will help so much..................


Good night everyone.~

3 comments:

*~Virginia~* said...

Hey Cora!
I've missed chatting with you recently! How have you been? I'm excited about trying to get back into blogging more. I'm still at school, but I think it will be a nice distraction from school when I need a break sometimes. Hope you are doing well!

Virginia

Kimberly said...

I'm glad you got a good price on your calves. The cheese looks like it will be good. I can't wait to hear how it turns out but I guess I will have to wait 6 months, right? Blessings on your rest today.

Love, Kimberly

Cora Beth said...

It was so good to hear from you, Virginia! I'm doing well and look forward to seeing what you write on your blog in the future---in your "Spare time". :)

Happy Sabbath to you, Kimberly!
Yes, the cheese needs to ripen for several months. I'm planning to make more batches of cheese so that we'll have a constant supply once the months roll by. :) Hopefully it will be good!

Blessings to you both,
~Cora