Monday, February 6, 2012

"My" child....

Let me tell you a bit about him:


...and here's Dinesh's picture:

I have prayed about sponsoring a child for some time and it is now finally official! :) My family (my parents, really) sponsored a little girl many years ago through Compassion International. Her name was Tabita and we wrote her letters and heard from her for about 10 years time. We were blessed by her prayers and it was such a wonderful feeling to know that, because of our help, a little girl in Indonesia was receiving an education; a good meal every day; clothing; medical care if needed; and most importantly, she was being taught about the Lord and we rejoiced when she talked about her love of Him! We still pray for her when she comes to mind.

I am now very much looking forward to getting to know this young lad in India through the years and praying for him as he grows in the Lord. I plan to write my first letter to him tomorrow. :)

We have sent most of our tithe money to Gospel For Asia for years, and really believe in the work they're doing there. "Bridge Of Hope" is a division of Gospel For Asia, bringing needy children together with sponsors who want to help them... I look forward to the years ahead, knowing that I'm helping a little boy in Chhattisgarh to grow big and strong. Who knows, he may one day be a missionary and we can help support him together? :)


I baked bread today and made mozzarella cheese...
Mother had 2 clients come out this morning and, as their sessions were pretty lengthy, we invited them to join us for lunch too, which they did happily. :)

This next picture is for all the farmers out there: How would you like to have this seat to sit on as you go about your chores?




(Thankfully, it is a lot more drivable now that Dad fixed it!)


Here are our two sleepy heads in their favorite spot in the whole wide world at this time of year----right behind the wood stove in the shop!


Brother Andrew, searching for the perfect diagram...

This is Andrew's most recent project:

Mother likes this car so much, she's talking about buying it from him for summer driving...... :)


Andrew replaced the wiring-harness (I think that's what it was called?) on this car for a customer/friend recently:



OH, and here's one last picture that I found on my camera when I uploaded my pictures:


This is the collage I put together from last years' events.... Enjoy~


PS. Does anyone recognize the man Andrew's standing by in the far left, middle photo?

1 comment:

Carra said...

This is a lovely post Cora. It's a lovely reminder of how precious your family is to you.

Be blessed.
Carra