Monday, April 6, 2009

Blessings!

(To the tune of The 12 days of Christmas)

~On the fifth day of blogging, my conscience said to me,

"You--are--so--blessed!

Will you share God's peace?

Can you share God's joy?

Are you waisting time,

And can you blog-and do it hum-bl-y?"

I just got back from my turn at walking through the cows. They were all lazily lying in the sun and didn't even stand up when I wove in and out of them, looking for any troubles. It looks like another of my cows is thinking about having her baby today, so I'll have to keep an eye on her. The last 5 calves we've had were mine--I am so blessed! The sunshine today is absolutely wonderful, as it makes our jobs as bovine-babysitters so much easier. Late last night, my dad & I brought one of my newborn calves into the milk room, as it wasn't getting going and the mother wasn't doing a good job of licking it off. I stayed out in the barn 'til 1:00, drying the little girl off and feeding her some colostrum. But you know what? I am so blessed! This morning, the little calf was up and was bouncing around--in a wobbly sort of way.

I thought I'd post a few pictures to show you some of the blessings God's given me...

Here are my parents, Robert & Dawn, enjoying the neighbor children at my birthday party...

My big, little brother, Andrew, on one of his projects. (You can visit his blog at: http://andrewbornemann.blogspot.com/.)

My other brother, Jacob enjoys wood burning and he and Andrew made me a beautiful flower-press for my birthday in March.

Kids are always a blessing, and cute little Mary is no exception to the rule.
My very first calf of the year--whom I named after my friend, Amanda, who was here at the time of "Baby's" birth.

Friends are always a big blessing and there were many friends to visit with at the North Dakota Home School convention a couple of weeks ago.


I hope you are counting your blessings today as well--naming them one by one.

No comments: