Sunday, April 5, 2009

Peace~

(To the tune of The 12 days of Christmas)
~On the fourth day of blogging, my conscience said to me,
"Will you share God's peace?
Can you share God's joy?
Are you waisting time,
And can you blog-and do it hum-bl-y?"

As I was pondering the peace and quite of the morning, I thought I'd share a little bit about the wonderful peace we have (most of the time) on our farm. As I was thinking such thoughts, however, Andrew said, "Wow, what a nice mountain lion we have on the driveway..." If it were April fools day, I would not have looked, but seeing as this is April 5th, I took a peek out the window to see what in the world he was talking about. All I saw was an orange tom cat, so I looked at Andrew then, only to see him looking through binoculars! No wonder the little kitty looked huge. :) Thankfully, we don't have too many mountain lions around here, although we did see 2 coyotes out with our cows this morning! As I was saying, though, our life here is peaceful--usually.

I love all of Marty Goetz's music, but I'm especially fond of his song, "Blessings on the Mountain." He set the sermon-on-the-mount to music and it is so beautiful! I especially love the part, "Blessed are the peace-makers, they shall be called the sons of God..." I searched for Mr. Goetz's song on U-tube, but unfortunately didn't find it. I did see this song of his though and thought I'd share it with you:



The other thing I thought of when I was thinking of peace was a Bonanza episode we watched recently as a family. It's one of my very favorites now! I'll put the first part here to wet your appetite... It doesn't start out the best, but it gets much better. I think you'll be blessed if you have time to watch it.



May we all be peace-makers for our Lord this day and always.

No comments: