Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day~

I woke up this morning and prepared a good breakfast (fresh oatmeal with lots of butter; sliced strawberries and freshly cut pineapple) to celebrate Mother's Day... After our meal, the boys and I gave Mom a puppet we had bought for her, as she didn't have one yet and really enjoys working with the puppets. (Another reason we wanted to get her a puppet was that we really needed a girl puppet for the skit we're planning on doing at Andrew's graduation...) Mom REALLY liked the little blond-haired girl puppet and took her with us down to Eureka to show to our relatives. :)

Andrew had to clean grain this afternoon, but the rest of us went down to Eureka, SD to spend the day with my grandparents. We went to see my moms' dad first and I'm very happy to report that he's doing better! He still cried when we first got there and when we went out to the cemetery to put flowers on Grandma's grave, but he was talking about things he'll be doing in the future and wasn't just wanting to die. He even attended the "Not-So-Newly-Wed" supper at their church this evening! Thank you to everyone who's been praying for him (and us)!!!

We went to my dad's folks' place then and took a potato salad and Dad & Mom bought some breaded chicken for supper. We visited with them for longer than we should have and got home for chores pretty late. Thankfully, Andrew was home already and had started working on them...

But, now it's late and I'm tired, so I'll sign off. Good night!

1 comment:

*~Virginia~* said...

well...it sounds like you've kept busy. :) I made my mom a card this year (I havent done that in a while!):)