Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"I need a bigger box... No, maybe a short and wide one would be best"...

Mother and I spent the afternoon helping Grandma and my Aunt Bev pack things away in boxes for the big moving day on Saturday. (We also got to see my other aunt, Peggy, and cousin, Kylie for a few minutes.) We pretty much worked on the kitchen things today and now, many boxes later, most of the cupboards are bare. My aunt worked on wrapping up wall decorations, and now the walls are pretty much bare too. Neither Mom nor I took our cameras along, so, sorry, no pictures this time.....

My dad cleaned grain today for friends that live almost 2 hours away. He got up really early and didn't get home until 9:00 tonight. They were so kind and fed him lunch and supper...

The boys worked on Andrew's cleaner some more (yes, they hope to have it done one of these days), and kept things running smoothly around here. Andrew even mixed up a batch of pancakes so they'd be ready to put on the griddle when we arrived home from SD. :)

This morning, before heading to Eureka, Mother and I did some shopping in Napoleon... We went to the Courthouse to get some 4-H books for Jacob to study, and then Mother dropped me off at the little thrift store there to look for "Scrub" tops (somewhat loose-fitting blouses with pockets in front) while she went to the bank and grocery store. I was so happy to find 4 tops--3 of which are very feminine and 1 which I hope to make so. :) As all of the scrub tops I've found are pretty low cut in front, I also bought some short-sleeved T-shirts to wear underneath them. While there, I looked through the skirts and found a couple, so it was a good shopping day. Believe it or not, that was the first time I'd ever been in there, but Mother had told me it was really a great little store, and now I must say I agree with her (again). On top of all that excitement, I was surprised to walk in the main room of the store and to hear someone say, "Miss Cora Bornemann..." in a friendly sort of way... It was our dear neighbor, Stacey. :)

Once I was done there, Mother said that the van had started making a strange noise, so she called the guys and they gave her some suggestions for what to do. It ended up just being a rock that was stuck on something and was scraping. When she backed up like the guys said, it must have fallen out, because the noise stopped then. We said, "Hooray" and were on our way.

And that, my dear friends, is the story of our day.

No comments: