Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Prayers needed tonight for a young couple...


While in town today, my mother and I saw a friend who told us some very sad news... Some friends of ours were looking forward to the birth of their first child some time in April. However, last night the mother went into labor and ended up having twins--both of which were....dead.... I was SHOCKED to hear the news and still find it hard to believe that this has happened... I'm so grateful that this husband and wife love the Lord greatly and have faith that this too fits into God's plan for their lives, but oh how sad they must feel tonight!

Please join me in praying for this young family (and the extended family) as they go through this hard time!

After hearing this news, the rest of the day seemed to be filled with twins...

Mother and I saw and talked to the father of twin boys in Sams', and then we saw a set of twin girls go by in another cart and, when we ran into an old friend of my moms', she told us that her daughter had been expecting twins in January and lost them both too...

It is amazing how much sadness there is in this world. May we each reach out and try to relieve even a tiny bit of it this day--with the Lord's love flowing through us.

5 comments:

Hannah said...

That really is so sad!
Oh, I will be praying for them! I can only imagine. . .

I don't know why thing always happen that way where you hear or talk about something and then it seems like you hear about a few times after. Like today, I was talking about a wheelbarrow to one of my brothers. Mama was in the other room and there was no way she could hear me talking. Then I hear her call to David and say "have you seen the wheelbarrow? I'm looking for it." It happens with songs too. I'll be singing a song in my head and then Grace will start singing it out loud. It's funny :)
Good night Cora dear!
~Hannah

Miss Grace Elizabeth said...

that is so sad! I am praying.

Cora said...

Ohhhh.... :'( I will be praying!

Your last paragraph is what I was about to say. So true - combat the sadness and despair of this world by reaching out and freely giving God's love.

*hugs* to you and the whole family who is dealing with this tragedy.

Anonymous said...

How heartbreaking this must be for them! I have some dear friends who lost two children as well. I will certainly be praying for them as the Lord uses this time in their lives for His purpose.

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

-Kyrie<><

Cora Beth said...

Thank you, my friends for joining me in prayer for this couple!