Saturday, March 20, 2010

I think that spring is finally here!


I'd like to share this poem with you that my friend, Grace wrote recently.
Enjoy!~


I think that spring is finally here!

I feel it in the breeze blowing thru my hair

I see it in sky and the trees

In the birds and the bees

My heart is singing, overflowing

With a sense of happiness and knowing,

That the things that once were cold and frozen

Will grow into what's been chosen

Last summer, a flower, then fading

Is now a seed in the cold earth.

Watching and still waiting

For a glorious new birth.

I will not think of darkness

I will not think of death

I will only think of the likeness

When Life blows the warmth of breath

A tiny sprout will grow up from the ground

The seed I thought was dead is found

much more glorious then the other

A life to share with one another.

Last summer's love is but a memory

Today is where I stand

And no matter what I see

Tomorrow is unfolded by the Master Gardener's hand.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

What a lovely poem Grace wrote!

I'm sure you are so happy to have Spring 'on the doorstep'! Here we are starting to see the first signs of Autumn.

Enjoy the coming Spring, it's always a special time of year!
Love,
Rachel*