Sunday, May 16, 2010

Love in action~

It's late here once again... I just got home from working in town a little while ago and am tired.

BUT,

I've been meaning to tell you all the following for a few days already and, when I sit down to write a post, I forget about this, so while I'm remembering, I thought I'd write it!

~This is a little story about love in action.

First, I need to explain a little bit about the car I'm driving to work... It's my parents' car and as you may recall, it is an oldie, but goodie. However, the windshield wipers were far from goodies, and as you may also recall, we've been having a good deal of rain here lately.

SO, last Thursday after our noon meal, I was headed for town in the rain, thinking that, if I made it to Napoleon early enough, I'd be able to stop at the Cenex to buy some new windshield wipers for the car so I'd be able to see better when it rains. As the road was muddy though, I decided to take the longer, paved road through Kintyre to avoid the very muddy, slippery gravel roads as much as possible. When I got to Kintyre though, the train was parked across the road (they were loading the train-cars with our rocks.) It looked like it would be a while until they moved, so I went to plan B and took the gravel road out of Kintyre, which leads to the original road I would have taken if it hadn't been so muddy...... All this took time and I did not get to town early enough to go buy windshield wipers (and by the time I leave at night, the Cenex is no longer open). I thought I'd have to wait until the next time I went to town.

BUT,

What I didn't know until the next day was, when my dad and brothers drove to town that afternoon to watch the calves sell, they also drove to the Cenex station and bought a set of new windshield wipers for the car---and then they drove over to the nursing home and put them on for me---all without telling me!!!!! :) Mother told me later that they even prayed that it would rain on my way home so I would need to use the windshield wipers, which sadly, it didn't, although I did use them a little bit to wipe the mist off the windshield before heading home. I did think it odd that the squeaking noise the wipers had been making wasn't there anymore, but didn't imagine that my dad and brothers would have done something so sweet as to have bought new ones and put them on!

I just feel so blessed to be a part of this family! Sure, we're all far from perfect, but we do have some wonderful times together as we try to share God's love with one another. :)

5 comments:

Miss Grace Elizabeth said...

That is so wonderful! You have such a sweet family.
~Grace

Anonymous said...

Dear Cora,
Thank you so much for sharing this story about our loving menfolk! They were so tickled, when they came home, that they made me terribly curious as to what they were talking about. When they told me, I chuckled the rest of the day and couldn't wait to tell you all about it. :)
Truly, it is more blessed to give than to receive. That must mean that giving is SUPER wonderful as it is so nice to receive too. RIGHT?
Happy Spring, my dear!
Mom

Cora said...

:-) That made me happy.

That's sort of like the time my brother (Mighty Mike) picked up my parking sticker for the college and taped it to my bedroom door with a $50 gift card to a local espresso stand. And I just found out that he's been secretly checking at the stand and reloading the card when it gets low! How sweet is that? :-D

~Cora

*Wild Flower* said...

I love surprising people (in a nice way :)
That is so nice of your Dad and brothers to do that!

Anonymous said...

Cora,

That is SO sweet! It sounds like you had a really nice day. It's fun to get surprises (and to give them) like that...it makes you feel so special that people love you.