Wednesday, May 5, 2010

One more early morning...

Tomorrow is my last day of "Orientation" training at the Care Center, and then I'll be considered part of the staff---meaning they can count me as one of the caretakers and won't need to have an extra person there. I need to get up at 5:30 one more time this week, and then this coming week, I'll be going back to the PM shift.....

On the farm-front, we've decided at last to sell most (and maybe all) of our milk cows. It's going to be sad on sale day, as we've had most of these cows for 5-6 years and we've dealt with them twice every day.... We may keep one cow, for a while anyway, so we've decided to not dry her up yet. As we don't want to run the milker for just one cow, Andrew and I milked her by hand this evening. That's something we haven't done in 5 years!

Well, my mom just got home from Bismarck and she brought some more fish (and snails) that I requested her to get, so I'm going to post my post and go see my new pets. :)

4 comments:

*Wild Flower* said...

Well, I hope your last day of Orientation goes very well for you!
I'm sure you will miss your cows. . . you are right, one can get very attached to animals when with them alot.
Hope it goes well for you all!
Enjoy your pets :)
~Hannah

Rachel said...

Hello Cora!

Gosh the time has gone so quickly! It seems like just the other day you were considering the nursing work and now you are so far with it already!

I'm sorry to hear about you having to sell most or all of the cows - that must be a hard decision. I've tried milking a cow by hand once or twice - it wasn't an easy thing to do! :)

I'm looking forward to reading about your new fish!

Keep well and may God bless you.
Lots of love
Rachel*

Cora said...

Go you! :-) You'll be ace at it.

Aww... Sad that you're selling your cows. Why are you? Too much work?

Can't wait to see pictures!

~Cora

Rachel said...

Oh good! :D I'm glad for you my dear! :D I'm sure you did a fabulous job! ;)

Aww, I'm sorry you all are getting rid of your cows. :( You'll have to email me when you get the chance and tell me all about it. I am sure that is hard on all of you. HUGS!!! :)

Haha! My brain these days...when you said that your mom brought home fish and snails...I was thinking to EAT! ;) LOLROF!!!! (bleck, on eating the snails btw). I didn't even remember your fish tank until you said "pets". :D HaHa!

I am feeling so much better these days, so I'll be stopping by a bit more frequently I'm sure! ;) I've so missed keeping updated on all that you're family is doing! :)

Love you so much! Hugs!
You are always in my thoughts and prayers dear! :)
~Rachel P.~