Thursday, May 24, 2012

So precious...

I spent most of the day (from 9AM to 9:30PM) caring for Johanna and Tracy Jo.  They were very good little girls too.  It was on the cool side today, but we did bundle up a little and headed outside for a nice long walk and then to play on the deck for a couple hours.   I think my favorite part of the day was when I was holding Tracy Jo (nearly 5 months old now), and Johanna (1 1/2 years old and learning to talk) wanted me to go with her into another room, so she grabbed my skirt and gently tugged me in that direction.  Then, when she/we were done looking at the phone in that bedroom, she held my skirt and started walking out again.  I followed her and then she let go and ran back and closed the bedroom door.   So cute!    It was fun getting them ready for bed too---reading stories; brushing teeth for several minutes; and all....

When I got home, I saw that a bull was out and was in the process of demolishing one of the lilac bushes with his large neck.  I went to the house for help and learned that Mom and Andrew were not back yet from Bismarck, but Dad and Jacob got ready to go out and just then, the 2 travelers arrived home, so Andrew helped with the bull too.  Of course, as soon as he got in with the others, they all had to start fighting.....   Bulls are NOT one of my favorite animals!  God hears a lot of prayers when I have to be around them!

After unloading the trunk of Sams' supplies and putting the things requiring refrigeration in the fridge, we had family prayer time and visited a bit about our days, and now it's time to get some sleep before another full day tomorrow.

2 comments:

Carra said...

Uh oh! No... bulls aren't the nicest of friends. :) ;) So thankful the Lord was with you all.

Blessings,
Your friend,
Carra

Dawn Bornemann said...

You are such a good writer, Cora! :)

Mom