Tuesday, December 25, 2012

It came upon the midnight clear...

It came upon the midnight clear,
That glorious song of old,
From angels bending near the earth,
To touch their harps of gold:
"Peace on the earth, goodwill to men
From heavens all gracious King!"
The world in solemn stillness lay
To hear the angels sing.

 
We had a delightful day, spent with my Bornemann grandparents in Mandan.  We arrived about an hour before the noon meal and helped Grandma with last minute preparations (peeled some potatoes, whipped cream for the pumpkin pies, rolled crescent-rolls, dished out the olives and pickles, and my dad carved the turkey).  Grandma had cooked up a genuine feast!!!   
 
After eating until we could eat no more, we cleared the table and did the dishes.  Then, we looked at a bunch of pictures (pictures from when Grandma was young, and then some of our pictures); opened presents; and listened to Christmas music.  Oh, and we sang happy birthday to my mom too....  Grandma gave mom and I two plants to add to our collection.  :)
 
When we got home, we gave my mom her birthday gifts, then ate another feast, but in much smaller quantities.  While the guys did the chores, my mom and I cleaned up the kitchen some, then played piano duets until everyone was in from outside.  Then, we watched "The Christmas Card" and another movie I gave to my mom about a young couple on the Dakota prairies.... 
 
It was a fun day! 
 
While my family and I don't keep Christmas in the way that most others do (as we don't believe anymore that this really is the time of year when our Savior was born), we are so very grateful for His coming to this earth to wash away the sins of the world and sing our praises to Him!  
 
I hope you all had a wonderful day as well.~
 
 

No comments: