Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Praise God from whom all blessings flow...

While I'm sure Andrew is not very pleased with the way his pickup and trailer look tonight, and while Jacob is blaming himself, we are so very grateful that everyone is safe!    My dad (with the semi) and Jacob (with Andrew's brown pickup and pretty-new car-trailer) headed for our Hazelton land this morning to bring home the 2nd to last load of hay.  Jacob headed for home as soon as he was loaded up with 7 large square haybales.  He drove the 20 or so miles to the curves in Hwy. 34, then slowed down to make the corner, turning onto the Kintyre road.  Unfortunately, it wasn't slow enough, I guess, and the road was snow-covered and slippery and the trailer wanted to keep going straight, SO, Jacob went sideways all the way down the ditch, jack-knifed badly and came to a stop at the bottom.  It dented the side of the pickup pretty bad and bent a bar on the trailer.  Thankfully, Andrew has insurance on that pickup which will hopefully cover the damages!  I drove the tractor out to them so Dad could unload the bales and then they had to get a jack and jack up the pickup some and then pulled the trailer straight with the tractor.  I have pictures, but I can't post them here.  :(  If you're a friend of Jacob's on FaceBook, you can see there.

Mom and Andrew (and Lauretta) went to Bismarck today, Andrew ran errands around town while the others took care of clients all morning/afternoon.

This afternoon, my dad and Jacob went for the last load of hay and then Jacob drove the tractor home from over by Hazelton.

Meanwhile, I kept busy in the house, baking bread; cleaning my aquarium thoroughly; making meals; doing the dishes;  and sewing on my quilt.   I milked Sally this evening, as Andrew was still in Bismarck at chores time. 

'Twas a busy day.  We thank God for keeping us safe through it...

1 comment:

Dawn Bornemann said...

You are so right, Cora, that God WAS flowing blessings in the accident. I am VERY thankful that Jacob was not hurt!!!
Thanks for posting the daily doings here for all of us--it's great reading what all goes on in our family. :)
Mom
PS. Did anyone ever tell you that you're a good writer? ;)