Thursday, December 27, 2012

The new cows are home...

My mom and Andrew went to Bismarck (they met up with Lauretta up there) and had a successful business day (and brought home fabric for my quilt!). 

I went over babysitting the twins and their sister again.  We made all kinds of things out of playdough and "Exercised" on their treadmill....  

Shortly after I got home this afternoon, my dad arrived, pulling an unloading-chute behind the pickup.  Jacob and I bundled up and headed outside to help Dad get the pen ready for cows (chopping out the ice on that side of the big tire-tank; setting up some more panels; spreading straw; jacking up/down the chute), and finished just in time to unload the cows when the rancher brought them in a big pot-trailer.  My dad bought 40 young, bred cows (2nd calvers) to replace the old ones that were sold earlier and Jacob bought 2, plus my B. grandparents had called and told my dad that they wanted to give each of the 3 of us younger B.s a cow, (as they've helped their other grandchildren materially and wanted to do the same for us, they said----what a nice surprise and blessing!), so we each now have 1 more cow, resulting in a grand total of 45 new animals on the place tonight.  They are remarkably quiet!  I think they'll fit in with our herd nicely......

No comments: