Sunday, January 17, 2010

It's very late...

...so this will be extremely short.

My family and I just finished watching "Pride and Prejudice" for the very first time! My mother had thought it was a movie quite different from how it turned out to be, so we had avoided it all this time until a neighbor said she thought we'd really like it...

We enjoyed it (what a happy ending--a double wedding!), although I felt so very sorry for that poor Mr. Bennet--to have to live with that wife of his (she reminded me so much of the woman described in Proverbs 27:15!)

With the Lords' help, may we ladies all have wisdom in the things we say and do each day, and may those who live with us not have to suffer because of our foolishness and lack of responsibility!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, it's really a great movie...although there are a few things that are not good as well...but it's human-ness in its true form I think. ;) But It does have a wonderful ending and I love the characters and the story line. :) So glad you enjoyed it! :D

Yes indeed! Very good advice dear Cora! :D So true... :)

Love and Hugs!
~Rachel~

Ashley Sebo said...

Hello Cora Beth!

I just had to comment! I I came across your blog and saw this post!!)

I really enjoyed this version of Pride and Prejudice! Although there are some things I don't care for, such as low necklines etc. I too really enjoyed this movie! Mama said that there were some excellent examples and some bad examples. One thing I appreciated was the behavior of Elizabeth vs. her sisters, especially Lydia. She was such a warning to me! It is important to realize how much our behavior matters, regardless of our pocketbook!

Have a wonderful evening! The Lord bless you!!

Cora Beth said...

Thanks for the comments, Rachel & Ashley! I agree with you about there being several great lessons to be had in the movie--although like you said, Ashley, it would have been nice if the necklines were a good deal higher! I think, over all, it was a movie that we'd watch again--when we have a lot of time to do so...